This course covers useful information on the main aspects, skills and principles of interpreting. It will help you improve your understanding of interpreting ethics and processes, required skills and expected performance standards. You will also learn how to prepare for an assignment in the most efficient way, and how to develop your interpreting business.
Who is this course for?
This course is for you if:
- you have been acting as an interpreter for your community but have no official training in interpreting
- you are just starting your interpreting career
- you would like to brush up on your interpreting skills
- you are a translator thinking of branching out into interpreting
Why do you need to take this course?
Interpreting is a highly skilled activity which involves much more than your linguistic ability. Learning about interpreting skills and principles will help you do your job with more fluency and efficiency, and find it less stressful and more enjoyable.
What is included in this course?
- Interpreting vs translation, and different types of interpreting
- The role and responsibilities of an interpreter
- Ethical and professional principles of community interpreting
- How to prepare for and conduct an interpreting session
- Dos and don’ts of interpreting
- Tips on how to deal with various community interpreting settings
- Developing your community interpreting skills and building your career
Upon successful completion of the short test at the end of the course you will receive the course certificate.