What’s included in the training:
- 27 lectures
- 6 exercises
- 1 hr 45 min of video content
- 3 practice tests
Who is this Programme for?
This course is for beginner interpreters and also interpreters with an intermediate level of experience, who want to further develop their interpreting skills and make interpreting better, easier and less stressful.
Why do you need to take this course?
To minimise memory lapses during your interpreting assignment, interpreters need to know and use various memory trigger and note-taking techniques.
Note-taking techniques help interpreters use symbols, words and patterns to trigger memory and recall information effectively and comprehensively. Memory trigger techniques give you a tool to recall information for the purposes of interpreting.
During this course you will learn how to use memory triggers and note-taking effectively and efficiently.
What is included in this course?
To help you use memory techniques in the most beneficial way, we will cover the following topics during this training:
- General information on how your memory works during interpretation;
- Visual memory triggers, including the “Memory Palace” techniques
- Narrative, logical, structural and combined triggers
- The main principles of note taking, including the notes structure and the use of abbreviations and symbols.
The course includes video presentations, exercises, self-testing materials, and additional resources for self-study.
Tests for note-taking and memory triggers
Upon the successful completion of the training programme and the tests included into it you will receive a CPD certificate
Programme outcomes for you: upon completion of the course:
- you will learn to create and use various types of memory triggers
- you will practice efficient note-taking
- you will assess, review and perfect your current approach to using memory-triggers and note-taking in your work
- you will improve your interpreting skills
- you will find interpreting more fluent and enjoyable