This course is designed to help you improve your understanding of interpreting and help you learn how to prepare for an assignment in the most efficient way, ensuring its success.
Who is this course for?
This course is for you if:
- you would like to brush up on your interpreting skills;
- you are just starting your interpreting career; or
- you are thinking of branching out into interpreting; or
- you sometimes find yourself in a position of an interpreter when you are helping your community.
Why do you need to take this course?
Interpreting is a highly skilled activity; learning about interpreting skills will help you do your job with more fluency and efficiency, and find it less stressful and more enjoyable.
What will you learn from this course?
- Different types of interpreting, including remote and sight interpreting
- The role and responsibilities of an interpreter
- Preparation for an interpreting assignment, including research & terminology, learning new vocabulary, improving memory, and using memory triggers
- Giving and receiving feedback, dealing with complaints
- Dos and Don’ts of Interpreting
You will receive a certificate upon completion of this course.