This course is designed for help you improve your understanding of interpreting and help you learn how to prepare for an assignment in the most efficient way, ensuring its success. This course is one of the training offerings of TRANSLIT Pro. To see our live training events and programs for interpreters please look up TRANSLIT’s listing on Eventbrite or Meetup.
What will you learn from this course?
- Different types of interpreting, including remote and sight interpreting
- The role and responsibilities of an interpreter
- Preparation for an interpreting assignment, including research & terminology, learning new vocabulary, improving memory, using memory triggers
- Giving and receiving feedback, dealing with complaints
- Dos and Don’ts of Interpreting
Why do I need to take this course?
Interpreting is a highly skilled activity; learning about interpreting skills will help you do your job with more fluency and efficiency, and find it less stressful and more enjoyable.
Who should join this course?
This course is for you if:
- you would like to brush up on your interpreting skills;
- you are just starting your interpreting career; or
- you are thinking of branching out into interpreting; or
- you sometimes find yourself in a position of an interpreter when you are helping your community.
What you’ll learn
Basic types of interpreting; interpreter’s role and responsibilities; interpreting skills for beginners (how to prepare for an assignment and complete it successfully)
Are there any course requirements or prerequisites?
Being bilingual or proficient in at least two languages
Who this course is for:
Those who want to earn money from their language skills