What’s included in the training:
- 7 lectures
- 40 min of video content
Who is this Programme for?
This course is for interpreters who work in emotionally challenging and stressful situations, such as interpreting for gravely ill patients, people in volatile mental states, victims of war, violence, crime, and so on.
Why do you need to take this course?
Working in these settings can have a detrimental effect on your sense of mental and emotional wellbeing, lead to stress and anxiety, and have a negative impact on your work and your life in general. This is why it is very important to learn to deal with these situations effectively while providing a high-quality professional service.
What is included in this course?
The video lessons included in the course will give you practical information and useful tools to help improve your response to the emotional challenges of interpreting. You will find out how to cope with emotionally challenging situations and how to protect yourself from their negative impact.
Watch the video lessons in full.
Upon the successful completion of the course you will receive a certificate of completion.
Programme outcomes for you: upon completion of the course you will know:
- how to prepare for an assignment that promises to be difficult;
- how to activate your emotional defences when emotions suddenly run high;
- what steps to take if the situation seems to be getting out of hand;
- how to understand and manage your emotional reactions;
- what to do to improve your emotional resilience;
- how to recognise early warning signs and look for help.