Next dates available for bookings
- Module 1: September, 10, 2021
- Module 2: September 15, 2021
Each session starts at 14:00 GMT (or 15:00 British Summer Time GMT +1) and lasts for two hours. Practice groups are for French, Russian, Portuguese languages; there is also a non-language specific group.
- Module 1: October, 13, 2021
- Module 2: September 20, 2021
Each session starts at 09:00 GMT (or 11:00 British Summer Time GMT +1) and lasts for two hours. Practice groups are for French, Russian, Spanish languages; there is also a non-language specific group.
Please purchase the course, and we will send you all the necessary links and information within 3 working days.
About the training
This training is aimed at interpreters who undertake interpreting assignments involving victims of sexual violence. The training is offered thanks to the EU *INHeRE project.
This training will help you to:
- Understand the unique challenges and cultural implications of interpreting for victims of sexual violence;
- Learn the fundamental principles of effective interpreting during face-to-face and a remote video session (VRI);
- Understand the background of sexual violence in MAR context (MAR = migrants, applicants for international protection and refugees);
- Learn ways to look after yourself to prevent or deal with vicarious trauma;
- Practice interpreting for victims of sexual violence during roleplays based on real-life cases (roleplays and relevant information will be provided in advance);
- Have an opportunity to receive constructive feedback from your colleagues;
- Learn where to find information on relevant vocabulary and terminology.
This training programme consists of two sessions, each lasting two hours:
- Session 1, Theoretical background to
- Session 2, Practictical training involving real-life roleplays
The practical training will be conducted in four groups:
- French / English
- Russian / English
- Portuguese (Sept) or Spanish (Oct)/ English
It is strongly recommended that you access the practice session from a laptop, a PC or a tablet (rather than a cellphone). Headsets are also recommended to ensure a reasonable quality of sound during your roleplay performance.
Upon successful completion of the training, you will receive TRANSLIT’s Certificate of Attendance. You will also receive an official CPD UK certificate awarding 4 CPD/CPE points.
“Inclusive Holistic carE for Refugee and migrant victims of sexual violation in Belgium, Ireland and UK”, INHeRE, is an EU-funded project launched on November 1st, 2019, whose aim is to improve holistic care for migrants, applicants of international protection and refugees who have been sexually victimized, regardless of their age, gender, sexual orientation and/or legal status.
Group 1: French / English
Miriam T. Lee is an experienced French-to-English translator and French/English conference interpreter. Miriam is currently based in Dublin, Ireland, where she works as a translator/interpreter. Her interests lie in helping interpreters develop their skills in various settings. She holds a Postgraduate qualification in Interpreting and Translating and is a professional member of the Irish Translators’ and Interpreters’ Association.
Group 2: Portuguese (Sept), Spanish (Oct) / English
Ana Lessa holds a Masters in Translation Studies (Spanish/Portuguese/English) in UCC. She has been working as a community translator in Ireland for several years. She is an associate member of the Irish Translators’ and Interpreters’ Association. Her interests are education and cultural mediation. She is a Portuguese Development Officer with Post Primary Languages Ireland
Group 3: Russian / English
Ekaterina Koneva holds a BA Honours Degree in Law and Accounting. She has been working as a Russian / English freelance interpreter in the legal and financial sectors in Ireland for many years. Her interests are Human Rights, International Law and Immigration. She is a Chairperson of the voluntary not-for-profit organisation ‘Immigrants Training and Advice Services’ and the Senior Trainer in ‘For living in Ireland’ online school of migrants’ integration. Ekaterina is an associate member of the Irish Translators’ and Interpreters’ Association.
Group 4: Non-language-specific
Svetlana O’Farrell, TRANSLIT Training Development Manager. Svetlana’s background is in providing business, language and training services. She has over thirty years’ experience in translation and interpreting. Svetlana has created and run many live and on-demand courses and webinars for interpreters. Svetlana is a professional certified member of the Irish Translators’ and Interpreters’ Association.