You will find the handouts for this Module 1 under the tab “Materials” above.
Your homework is set out as Quizzes below.
This Module 1 gives you a good understanding of what community interpreting is, critically important ethical, cultural and professional considerations that you must be aware of, and core skills of community interpreting.
- Modes and styles of interpreting; interpreting vs translation
- Interpreter’s role and responsibilities
- Ethical and professional principles of community interpreting
- General interpreting skills and processes:
- Memory techniques and note-taking
- How to prepare for an interpreting assignment
(1) Your Module 1 Handout slides are HERE
(2) Your Module 1 Note-Taking Handbook is HERE